Richmond, VA, United States, North America
Entry Level (Less than 2 years of Experience)
This position requires a solid knowledge of product and processes in order to interact with doctors and patients in order to obtain the proper documentation of CMN’s, prescriptions, prior authorizations, and doctors notes needed for the medical equipment requested for the patient..
Performs a combination of the following duties according to specific departmental guidelines:
- Works with Call Center Team to get documentation required for patient and physician requested medical equipment.
- Reviews all paperwork for CMNs and prior authorizations and prescriptions that need to be faxed or mailed for the physician to complete
- Obtains all prior authorizations; initial and renewals
- Tracks all CMNs, prescriptions and prior authorizations.
- Works the hold reports, obtaining appropriate documentations needed to ship orders to patients
- Sorts and prepares documents for imaging correctly and accurately indexes images.
- Scanning all necessary medical records for proper patient charting.
- Prepares reports as needed.
- Indexes and records information.
- Conducts limited research of records for information related to history, insurance, demographics or location of other records or information.
- Demonstrates timeliness, courtesy, sincerity and patience when dealing with customers or physicians or their staff.
- Markets the company in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Cross trains with call center.
- Assists Account reps 1 and 2
- May be utilized by purchasing department as needed.
- Performs other such duties within scope of training as assigned by the Office Director or the Call Center Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of business English, spelling, and arithmetic; office practices and procedures; departmental rules and regulations.
- A thorough understanding of the HIPAA Privacy Laws.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word and excel programs.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Ability to maintain established records and files.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, and officials in other departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- May be required to type accurately at a speed of at least 35 wpm and/or operate a calculator by touch
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school graduation or its equivalent plus at least six (6) months' experience in clerical work.
2. Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Accounting software.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
No certifications needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Job keywords/tags: customer service documentation medical