Richmond, VA, United States, North America
Entry Level (Less than 2 years of Experience)
hourlyr + Biweekly Performance-Based Bonus
Inside Sales Representative
The Inbound Sales Representative will interact with customers, and medical professionals to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services. Correct and complete customer information. Enter customer data and orders into the database. Create and fax prescriptions to appropriate medical staff. Handle and resolve complaints. Must be flexible with hours, weekends are a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives customers' orders by telephone, website or direct mail.
- Provides information requested or ascertains who best can provide the information, and routes the request to the proper person.
- Analyzes customer Medicare benefit eligibility or Private Insurance benefit eligibility.
- Enters/corrects patient records, and adjusts all errors in the database.
- Enters order transactions and prints prescriptions to be faxed for product authorization.
- Traces status of orders.
- Resolves customer questions related to orders.
- Maintains liaison with other departments for order completion (ie. purchasing, filing, billing, etc).
- Writes up order, mails catalog, samples, price quotations, and similar data to customer or field sales rep as required.
- Contacts customers, insurances and medical professionals to ascertain data omitted on orders.
- Has knowledge of product line, prices, delivery time, drop ship items, various marketing promotional services, and similar data, as required.
COMPETENCY: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions.
- Project Management - Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and listens and gets clarification and responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethics; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
GED or High School Diploma; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Shifts vary. Call center is open Monday - Friday, 8am - 9pm, and Saturday, 8am - 6pm. (Must be flexible.)
Job keywords/tags: Sales , Telephone , Marketing , Call Center , Entry Level , Customer Service