Richmond, VA, United States, North America
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
The 2013 CarePoint Strategic Technical Plan calls for rapid improvements to current computer and networking systems and development of new ones. The position of Lead Technician is to assist the development, maintenance and support of world-class technological systems which support and achieve the company's business goals while maintaining strict cost control. Our mission this year is to further build CarePoint's infrastructure to support our ongoing growth and success.· The successful applicant will work closely with a team of technicians and others in support of departmental initiatives and goals. ·
CarePoint's environment is mostly CentOS Linux based, though there are Windows servers as well.· This year will include migration from hard servers to virtualization, and eventually to hybrid private/public cloud.
We have a small team of professionals who support the 200+ employees of CarePoint along with assuring the best possible service to our patients and clients.
Professionals with experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS Linux, PHP, MySQL, Virtualization and Open Source Software are encouraged to apply.
Please be sure to include your salary requirements in your cover letter.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and modifications to the corporate technical infrastructure.
- Implements, monitors and administers network security at the corporate level as established and instructed by the CIO.
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of the company's infrastructure, and coordinates the other technicians to assure project deadlines are met and service levels are maintained at the standards established from time to time by the CIO.
- Assist in the administration of the company's LANs and WANs.
- Oversees troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provides expert support when necessary.
- Assists in administration and maintenance of CentOS Linux, Debian Linux, and Windows servers.
- Assists in selection process for software, hardware or related needs.
- Works with project teams to help implement designated projects and initiatives.
- Constructs and deploys servers as needed for the fulfillment of corporate goals.
- Assist with Phone and Fax System administration and maintenance.
Help Desk Administration
- Coordinates all help desk activities at the corporate level.
- Responds to escalated help desk issues.
- Coordinates the administration and maintenance of our tracking software.
- Interacts with internal clients on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner.
- Assists with the purchasing of all software, hardware and other IT supplies at the corporate level.
- Ensures that company assets are maintained responsibly.
Career Path Core Competencies
- Facilitates team meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with team.
- Keeps team well informed of changes within the organization.
- Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to superiors.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Relays relevant IT-related information to the company in a timely manner.
- Initiates and implements improvements in all areas of IT responsibility.
- Serves as main point of contact on all IT-related matters for the office assigned.
- Responds/acts on upper-management direction.
- Identifies and provides standards for gathering information for use in trend analysis and reports information to company management.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Manages the development of team by ensuring, when possible, that project tasks are in line with each Support Specialist's career interests.
- Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change .
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Plans and facilitates regular team activities outside of the office.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Leads internal teams/task forces
- Reviews the status reports of team members with the CIO and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard CarePoint policies and procedures.
- Support the initiatives of the CIO and assure that deadlines are met consistently.
- Prepare reports and maintain files necessary to support the activities of the Department and company.