Richmond, VA, United States, North America
Entry Level (Less than 2 years of Experience)
Help Desk Technician
The 2013 CarePoint Strategic Technical Plan calls for rapid improvements to current computer and networking systems and development of new ones. The position of Helpdesk Technician is to provide support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
Also will assist in the development, maintenance and support of world-class technological systems which support and achieve the company's business goals while maintaining strict cost control. Our mission this year is to further build CarePoint's infrastructure to support our ongoing growth and success. The successful applicant will work closely with a team of technicians and others in support of departmental initiatives and goals.
CarePoint's environment is mostly CentOS Linux based, though there are Windows servers as well.· This year will include migration from hard servers to virtualization, and eventually to hybrid private/public cloud.
We have a small team of professionals who support the 200+ employees of CarePoint along with assuring the best possible service to our patients and clients. Professionals with experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS Linux, PHP, MySQL, Virtualization and Open Source Software are encouraged to apply.
Please be sure to include your salary requirements in your cover letter.
- Assists in the implementation of additions, deletions and modifications to the corporate technical infrastructure.
- Monitors and administers network security at the corporate level as established and instructed by departmental policy.
- Assists in the administration and maintenance of the company's infrastructure, and coordinates the other technicians to assure project deadlines are met and service levels are maintained at the standards established from time to time by the CIO.
- Assist in the administration of the company's LANs and WANs.
- Assists in troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provides expert support when necessary.
- Assists in administration and maintenance of CentOS Linux, Debian Linux, and Windows servers.
- Works with project teams to help implement designated projects and initiatives.
- Assists in the construction and deployment of servers as needed for the fulfillment of corporate goals.
- Assist with Phone and Fax System configuration and maintenance.
- Assists with the tracking of all software, hardware and other IT supplies at the corporate level.
- Ensures that company assets are maintained responsibly.
Career Path Core Competencies
- Participates team meetings effectively.
- Contributes to status meetings with team.
- Keeps team well informed of changes within the organization.
- Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to superiors.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Relays relevant IT-related information to the company in a timely manner.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Effectively collaborates with each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Helps to motivate team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Assists in mitigation of any team conflict and communication problems.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard CarePoint policies and procedures.
- Support the initiatives of the CIO and assure that deadlines are met consistently.
- Assists in the preparation of reports and maintain files necessary to support the activities of the Department and company.